Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh Deer!


Yesterday it rained cats and dogs all day long. Finally, just before dark I was able to get outside and put my scarecrows, pumpkins and chrysanthemums out by my lamp post. I just bought 6 beautiful mums yesterday. This morning I was so shocked to discover that the deer had completely stripped all the blooms off my mums! I mean they ate them like they were M & M's.
I am so frustrated! AUGHHH! This picture was made late yesterday after the rain..with my cell phone. I wasn't finished with the project - you can't really see all the mums here - but they were beautiful...dark burgundy.

2 comments:

HeltonTexas said...

hmmmmmm...
if only you had a ferocious guard dog that hated wild critters

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heltontexas, turn that wild beast you have "pinned" up outside to get rid of those pesky deer.
It did look pretty while it lasted..
June