Friday, December 28, 2007

Today I become a GranMama!




Arriving at the hospital 6:45 AM

Today is December 28, 2007. This is the day I will meet my first Grandchild, Jaxon Ashton Helton! I am sitting here at Plano Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas with Paul waiting. Michael just left to run some errands. It is 8:06 AM...we've been here since 5:45.

Will and Bern were supposed to be here at 6AM...but they called and were told to wait until 7. Paul, Michael and I came on over here to surprise them ... only to be surprised ourselves when she had been delayed an hour!

8:08 AM ----- Doctor just broke her water! We got a text message from Will.

Catching up to date...



The day after Christmas we helped Will and Bern take down everything Christmas! We cleaned everything and stored it in the attic for next year.




Yesterday, Bern's Mom, Monica and her two sisters, Betsy and Anna arrived at Helton Texas to join in the excitement!!






Last night, Will took us all to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate.





8:24 AM---- Will just came to the waiting room to update us. He is going to the car to get her pillow. He was in there when the doctor broke her water and agreed it almost made him pass out! The doctor assured him that the baby will be born today!! He loves the nurses she has..2 of them. She is having a little pain..not bad.


Self-portrait while we wait...we are the most high tech Grandparents waiting!!
We both have our laptops fired up!!






2 comments:

June said...

Today I become the greatest-greatz aunt of all times. I wish we were there with you during this wonderful time of your lives. However, you are all so close in my heart today. June

Amy, David, Caroline, Corbin and Cohen said...

Martha, I am so excited I get to keep up with the progress all day!! I can't wait for pictures of Jaxon!!! Bern, was the first person on my mind when I woke up this morning!!