Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Cards....getting organized!

I'm back up in PA for a week or so before heading South once again for the Holidays.  We've been on our Southern tour since before Halloween and just got home a couple of days ago....felt the need to check on things since Hurricane Sandy came thru.  We only had a few small issues that were quickly resolved...I'm still amazed that my two red lanterns on the deck were STILL THERE!  They were hanging only on Shepherd's hooks attached to the deck railing.  There were 65 mph winds, beating rain...but they stayed put!  I figured they'd be somewhere in New Jersey!
The weather is mild today, but not for long.  We are very lucky to get in and out before a snow!
 
As for my Christmas cards.....I had them done in Austin, ordered them while in Dallas (had them shipped to Dallas)....the very next day, Paul decided we needed to make a quick trip back to PA!  Soooo I had Sarah ship them to me here by second day FedEx......cost a fortune, but what do you do?
If you get a card from us, please consider the traveling this card has already done!   Oh, and I ordered an additional 25 cards from a hotel in Virginia and they arrived here before the original order did....It won't be here until Thursday!

Our photo session was in Austin, Texas at the Old Settlement Park (or something like that) on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  My entire crew was there and it was so much fun.  The little boys loved the old rusted farm equipment and the red bard.  We didn't plan on what we wore other than I asked them to dress casual, country, western.....boots, hats, buckles, etc.  The girls would just dress "cute" and casual.  It was so cool that we all actually sort of "matched".....we had no color scheme!
I will forever smile when I look at the picture from a wonderful day.
 
I love sending and receiving Christmas Cards!  In these times of electronic relationships, it is so nice to receive a sweet note in the MAIL!  SNAIL MAIL!   My Mother always displayed all the cards on the piano....I loved reading them all. 

I'm not posting our actual Christmas Card picture, but I'll post one of the final choices......I sent the boys out to cut a cedar tree for our Christmas tree...what I got was a cedar limb...very sad, Charlie Brown looking limb!  Will is holding it here in this picture, but it just didn't make my cut.  I did love the old red truck, but it didn't make my final cut either. 



Send me a card.....I'll keep it forever! 
1247 Valley of Lakes
Hazleton, PA  18202........I'm having my mail forwarded to TX!

Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2013!

No comments: