Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One Year Ago.....

It was a beautiful November day - I was waiting to board my flight to Memphis when I received the call from June.  "She's gone"...... my response was "Are you sure?".....looking back, that was such a dumb thing to say - are you sure....like they were not SURE!  I guess you never know what you say in times like that. 

Since that moment, my life has never been the same.  A day doesn't pass that I don't think of her.  This just wasn't the way I expected her life to end!  Not an invalid - sick - unable to breath - completely helpless.....I would have thought any number of possibilities, but not that! 

I still think of adjectives that describe her
Kind
Sweet
Generous
Dependable
Fun
Silly
Country
Loving
did I say Funny?...she could be soooo funny....oh, my the things she would say!

Maybe this year will be easier - all those "firsts" have now passed.  My memories of my Mama will never pass, nor will they fade ..... I keep them close to my heart....close to my soul.

1 comment:

Nanny said...

Martha,

This time of year makes all of us "pause" and think about those we have lost. wonder why these thoughts are more "powerful" and "reflective"?? Guess it's because we finally allow ourselves to "rest" and concentrate on "years" gone by. I think as we get older those memories mean sooo much more. I suppose this is where the "wisdom" comes into our lives without us even knowing it huh?? I always wondered when I would get "wisdom" or be somewhat wise. Only recently have I felt that I might some "ABIT" of it!!! haha
We get so much from our MOTHER"S. I too wish I had my mother here....not that I am getting old.
We become so much LIKE them. It would be wonderful to be in complete "harmony" with them know how well they truly did with us.
YOU are such a SPECIAL FRIEND to me.
I love you and will be thinking of my parents also as these days are celebrated. Happy Thanksgiving.